my facility (hospital) just received several RAC denials for not adding a modifier to 22525.
I know this is an add-on code and SHOULD not require a modifier.
I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there that has had these denials for not adding a modifier.
Every article I'm finding is stating not to add modifiers. I haven't been able to find anything
"official" from CMS. Can anyone provide a link to CMS for this, if there is one?
Thanks very much.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join