Well the global period from the hernia repair wouldn't apply to you from the other surgeon
For the normal post op care you should have appended modifier 55 and gotten paid.
Your global would have started with the complication or drainage of abscess... Did you get paid for the drainage? You should've. If they were in the hospital subsequent to the procedure your doc did it would be global. You could try to appeal, maybe try modifier 24 if it were a different issue unrelated to the drainage performed by your doc
I hope that wasn't as confusing as I think I made it, LOL
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join