I work for an Allergist in Mass. I am not familiar with the codes you are using to bill for venom injections(99415-99417). When we bill for venom injections we use codes 95115 & 95117 for the injection itself. Then we use codes 95146-95149 (specify units or doses) to bill for the venom extract. We mix our own extracts.
Therefore a person getting injections for wasp,yellow jacket, and hornet will be billed 95117 , 95145 (3 units).
If you bill for an extract that is a mix you would use codes 95146 - 95149. For example mixed vespid has 3 different venoms in the mix so you would use code 95147 (3 single stinging insect venoms).
Also bill code 95115 for the injection.
I hope this helped. If you need any further help or questions you can e-mail me directly @ email@example.com.
Christine Barboza, CPC
Allergy & Asthma CAre, PC
2007 Bay Street, Se 101
Taunton, MA. 02780
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join