AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Comminuted Fracture

Default Comminuted Fracture

AAPC: Back to School
    Anyone know this code ? Patient had a manipulative reduction and external fixation of right distal radius/, , --
    After the fraccture had been manipulated and fingers had been placed in finger traps the flluro visulazation revealed satsfactory reduction of fracture fragments
    A steinman pin was drilled throug bases of index and middle finger metacarpals exiting out from the beginning near the radial site exiting out the ulnar sise near the dorsum of hand. A 2nd pin was also drilled from dorsal to palmar dital radial shaft under fluro controlafter seating both pins, The fracture was manipulated. A short arm cast was appliedi ncorpating the previously placed steinman pins. Pins were then cut and pins balls applied, THE patient maintained good circulatin of fingers. FLURO at this point revealedgood positionof pinsand good reductionof fracture. i
    should i use 25606 the booking was 20650 , which I DONT THINK IT IS
    Last edited by codedog; 10-22-2008 at 12:49 PM.

25606 appears to be appropriate based on info you have provided...I think (I dont like this documentation)

Similar Threads

1. Comminuted Fracture Coding
    By joanne71178 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 01:26 PM
  2. coding comminuted fracture
    By diane.smith409 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM
  3. Fracture Types...infected and Comminuted
    By fredcpc in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0