Medicare does not cover comprehensive well-woman services, it does cover a pelvic/clinical breast exam and a screening Pap test every 2 years. These services are covered annually for women considered to be at high risk for the development of cervical or vaginal cancer
G0101 is the HCPCS code used to report a screening pelvic/clinical breast exam
HCPCS code Q0091 is reported for collection of the Pap smear. This is not the code that the lab uses for the interpretation of the Pap test. Rather, it represents the work done in the physician's office to collect the specimen. Q0091 applies only to collection of a screening Pap smear.
following ICD-9 codes is used:
- V76.2 Special screening for malignant neoplasms, cervix (patient who has an intact cervix or uterus)
- V76.47 Special screening for malignant neoplasms, vagina
- V76.49 Special screening for malignant neoplasms, other sites OR
- V15.89 Other specified personal history presenting hazards to health (patient who is considered high risk according to Medicare's criteria)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join