What code are you using for the administration of Zostavax. This is the problem I am encountering:
Medicare is not supposed to pay for the vaccine or the administration. Ususally you must bill Medicare 1st, receive the denial and then send to the secondary for the secondary to pay.
Because there is not definitive code for the diagnosis, only generic V05.8, and you bill 90471, they will pay because that diagnosis code is an unspecified code and Medicare would never know you gave the Zostavax vaccine. There used to be a G code for part D administration of this vaccine, but either it is deleted now or I can not find.
Help! What code to use for administration, CPT and DX?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join