My provider gave general anesthesia (prone) to a patient for a spinal injection (62311).
The injection was performed by another physician.
There is no crosswalk code mentioned for 62311.
I am wondering if this may be billable as:
01992 with modifier 23 "Unusual Anesthesia" submitted with the anesthesia record.
Is there any information out there regarding this issue?
Please let me know what you think!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join