This is NOT my area of expertise, but I'm thinking ..
I'd code the edema, arm pain and the V code.
Look at V54 section in ICD-9 to see if one of those Orthopaedic Aftercare codes fits.
I asked our ortho coder what she would use if the patient came to clinic with this scenario and she'd use the Aftercare codes. In the absence of specific information about the original fracture, V54.89 ... if you know whether fracture was traumatic vs pathological and the specific site (upper arm vs lower arm), you can use the more specific V54.xxcode.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join