I was looking in the CCI, and they have 60220 on the left and 60502(1) on the right, which I've been told in seminars means that, when applicable, the -59 would go on the 60502. (I've never actually found anywhere that stated which code you were supposed to put it on.) As for the main question, whether it applies in this situation, my guess would be no - I'm thinking they must mean that it can be billed if one is on the left and one is on the right, and apparently in this case, both were on the right.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join