try 11423 for excision benign lesion scalp with simple closure OR
try 12032 for excision benign lesion scalp with layered closure (intermediate repair); these codes are refering to a lesion 3cm no other mention of
margin excision, etc.;
Depends on the documentation of closure.
If surgeon is closing by tissue advancement or reconstruction, your code should be found 14000-14300; these codes, I think, include excision of lesion and repair of defect.
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join