Well first, I hope this is an established patient since you are only focusing on 2 out of the 3 key components, which I'm sure that it is.
And as for the MDM, it would be moderate for the level of risk because it automatically reaches that level for a prescribed med, but you didn't give enough information to decide the other 2 areas (Number of diagnoses or treatment options & Amount and/or complexity of data reviewed) in the MDM section to give the complete level of complexity.
For the Exam, I would say that it's Detailed because I checked off 5 things in one section, since from what I understand that you are not allowed to count both sections of the exam all together. It has to be one or the other (the body areas or the organ systems).
So overall, I would say that it should be a level 4 if it's an establshed patient and if you wind up getting a total moderate complexity for the MDM if other the other missing information is available.
I hope that helps somewhat...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join