57415: Using a vaginal speculum, the physician removes a foreign body lodged in the vagina. During the procedure, the patient is under general anesthesia because of the patient's inability to tolerate the procedure while awake, as in the case of a young child or due to the type or size of the object being removed.
Then my encoder says:
Excludes removal of impacted vaginal foreign body without anesthesia (99201-99499)
Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join