Definitely take the MDM into consideration. Technically, you need 2 of the 3 components, however, if the history and exam are meeting 99214 or 99215 and your MDM is lower, it's a good sign to look at the medical necessity of those 2 other components. A lot of time I wouldn't code the level 4 or 5 because the complete ROS or comprehensive exam wasn't necessary for the chief complaint.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join