I know that Rx bumps up your MDM RISK to "Moderate" ... but I wouldn't stretch this VERY focused exam to "detailed" even with the 1995 guidelines.
I know that 1995 shows 2-7 systems for both Expanded Problem Focused and Detailed ... but our internal guidelines are:
2-4 = Exp Prob Foc
5-7 = Detailed
I'd code it as 99213.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join