Hi! The practice I work for billed 82565 (Creatinine Blood) and 82570 (Creatinine Other Source) for same pt, same dos, by same provider. The 82565 has been paid by Medicare, but they are denying 82570 for being a duplicate charge to 82565! There is nothing in the CPT book about not using the codes together, and I have not found anything online that helps. Does anyone know what I need to do when billing these two codes together? Thank you for your time!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join