I have a question, I have a patient that had an abdominal hysterectomy everything went fine during the hsyterectomy. On the 3 day she developed an hematoma from a tear in the abdominis rectus muscles. I know that this tear probably happen during the surgery would you bill for the evacuation of the hematoma along with the repair of the muscle tear? Or would you just bill for the repair of the muscle? I am thinking that you would just bill for the repair of the muscle.
Thanks in advance,
Rebecca Wassmuth CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join