I have a question, I have a patient that had an abdominal hysterectomy everything went fine during the hsyterectomy. On the 3 day she developed an hematoma from a tear in the abdominis rectus muscles. I know that this tear probably happen during the surgery would you bill for the evacuation of the hematoma along with the repair of the muscle tear? Or would you just bill for the repair of the muscle? I am thinking that you would just bill for the repair of the muscle.
Thanks in advance,
Rebecca Wassmuth CPC
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join