Look in CPT under Pressure Ulcers (2008 Professional edition, begins on page 67 and continues on page 68). Be sure to read through to the end, because there is information in parenthesis regarding the flap.)
THEN ... go the section in CPT on Flaps (2008 Professional edtion, begins on page 65 and continues on page 66). Be sure to read the guidelines.
Without the op note I can't give you exact answers but it appears that you will probably have at least two and possibly three procedures:
1) the debridement and preparation of the ulcer for flap closure
2) the flap closure
3) repair of the donor defect created by the first flap IF it required skin graft or local flap.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join