can anyone tell me how a hematoma block should be coded?
The scenario is that a patient presented to the ED with a comminuted clavicle fx. the patient cannot tolerate pain medication, so the physician performed a hematoma block for relief. no reduction was performed, only the block, and a figure of 8 sling was applied.
The note reads as follows:
"she is given a mixture of sensorcaine 0.25% with epi 1 ml and 2% plain xylocaine 2 ml into the midclavicular space with ease".
do i charge a nerve block, and if so, which? anesthesia? just an injection? a joint injection? roll into complexity for my E/M level?
any help is appreciated.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join