Without seeing the OP note, I would say yes, but! If the lysis of adhesions was extensive, took more time than usual, caused more use of instruments etc. then I would add the 22 modifier. However, I have only seen this a couple of times where the 22 modifier was needed. Mostly the adhesions were lysed to get to the adnexa for removal. In that case, I wouldn't code it. This is something that you will have to determine from the OP report and the documentation by the surgeon.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join