You might want to check with the surgeon to get a better feel for what s/he is anticipating ...
On the face of what you've given us, I'd rule out 20102.
So we're left with 10061 or 11005 ... it depends on how deep the surgeon will be going. With the limited info before us, I'd lean towards 10061.
But I'd print out the lay descriptions of these codes and talk to the surgeon to see which most closely fits what s/he is planning to do.
Just my opinion ...
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/m
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join