Can anyone help with this?
The patient had a laceration of LD3 at the PIP joint. The following is from the op report.
Wound was explored. It was noted to go through the extensor mechanism through the capsule and into the joint. The laceration was extended distally on the radial side of the digit. Flap was developed. Joint space was exposed and irrigated with antibiotics irrigation. After this had been accomplished, capsule was repaired with interrupted 4-0 Tycron sutures. Extensor mechanism was then repaired with interrupted simple and figure-of-eight suture. The remainder of the wound was then closedâ€¦.
The question is can I code the capsular repair as well as the extensor tendon? If so which code? Iâ€™m pulling out my hair out on this one and I know it shouldnâ€™t be this hard. Thanks for the help.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join