Our physicians place Porta caths 36561 (infusa ports) all the time on cancer patients. All of a sudden per CMS LCD guidelines none of the cancer codes are allowed for this procedure any longer. The code is now described as an access for dialysis yet none of the renal failure codes are allowed either. Has anyone else received this denial from Medicare? What information are you sending to appeal the decision? Thank you so much for the help
L26737 Vascular Access For Hemodialysis - 4s-142ab Carrier 04102 - TrailBlazer Health Enterprises, LLC (CO)
Vascular Access For Hemodialysis - 4s-142ab - Vascular Access For Hemodialysis - 4s-142ab
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join