ARE YOU TRYING TO BILL THESE OUT AT THE SAME TIME.
THAT MAY BE WHY YOUR GETTING THE G0181 KICK BACK.
JUST A THOUGHT.
ON ANOTHER NOTE, NEW TO THESE CODES MYSELF. BUT MY INTERPRETATION OF THESE TWO CODES IS
G0180 IS JUST FOR THE CERTIFICATION OF THE MEDICARE-COVERED HOME HEALTH SERVICES.
Physicians may bill for the initial certification of Medicare-covered home health services. The physician billing for physician certification must be the provider supervising the patient's care. Services under this category include:
Review of initial or subsequent reports of patient status
Review of the patient's responses to the Oasis assessment instrument
Contact with the home health agency to ascertain the initial implementation of the plan of care
Documentation in the patient's record
AS FOR G0181- THAT'S FOR THE ACTUAL CARE PLAN OVER SIGHT OF THE PATIENT. THIS IS BILLED ONCE A MONTH AND REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 30 MINUTES TOTAL TIME.
MAYBE ANOTHER PHYSICIAN BILLED THIS OUT (G0181) BEFORE YOUR DOCTORE DID, IF THAT PATIENT IS DEALING WITH ANOTHER PHYSICIAN.
JUST THROUGHING THIS OUT THERE, LIKE I SAID I'M NEW TO THESE CODES MYSELF.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join