Since we are to code to the highest specificity I code a patient who has a history of colon polyps as V1272. They are not "screening" (V7651) in my opinion. It is important to use that diagnosis so that the insurance companies allow the the patient to have their colonoscopies sooner than someone who does not have a history. Using the V7651 so the patient can use their "screening" benefits is a diservice to the patient and also is not the correct way to code this pariticular scenerio in my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join