20160831 - FREE Code Books with Exam Prep Packages | Learn More

AAPC - August DL Sale: 50% OFF
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ICD-10-CM Proficiency Assessment Exam Working!

Thumbs up ICD-10-CM Proficiency Assessment Exam Working!

Yes!!

Yes. And I am happy to say that my results from the exam taken on 10/4 before the system crashed are still there!

Smile I Passed It!!!!!

Yes it is up and running well!!! I took the ICD-10-CM Proficiency Assessment today and passed it!!!!! So very happy!!!!
    I took the online AAPC ICD-10-CM General Code Set online class and I thought it was awesome; then I also paid for the Practice Test; and then I took the real assessment today.
    I really like taking the online courses thru AAPC.

Congrats to both EmilyLitella and dlharris!!!!
    Sounds like you both took this very seriously, worked very hard and accomplished your goals on your own time! I too have to commend the AAPC program for outlining a great structure for coders to follow to meet all expectations to accomplish the positive end results of an ICD-10-CM recertification!

The excitement is contagious! I am ordering the practice test when I renew my membership this coming month. I was nervous about the test at first but now I am just plain excited!
    Jodi Smith, LMSW, CPC

I took it this past Sat and passed as well. I am so glad to have it over with. It's really not that hard at all. I had almost an hour and a half left when I was finished and I got 94%. The one thing I don't like is that you don't get to see what you missed and the correct answers. Oh well, just glad it's over!!

Red face Icd-10

When taking the ICD-10 test; are you using an actual ICD-10 coding book? I hear the test is online and is open book. I have been reading where some have already taken the ICD-10 test!
    Thanks

You will need an ICD-10 CM code book.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Red face Icd-10 boot camp or online training/help

CONTIPLATING ON ATTENDING THE AAPC ICD-10 2 DAY BOOT CAMP. FEEL I NEED A MORE HANDS ON BEFORE TAKING THE ICD-10 TEST. HAS ANYONE ATTENDED THE BOOT CAMP? ALSO, IS THE OFFICIAL ICD-10 BOOK AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE OR ARE THE ICD-10 BOOKS A DRAFT? OR WILL I BE FINE GOING W/ THE ONLINE TRAINING???????? THE ICD-10 PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT TEST - ARE YOU ONLY TESTED ON THE GENERAL ICD-10 CODE SET OR BOTH THE GENERAL AND SPECIALITY CODE SET. I ONLY WANT TO STUDY WHAT I AM ACTUALLY BEING TESTED ON
    Last edited by jamaica; 10-29-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: ADDITIONAL QUESTION

Took the assessment exam in just over 1 1/2 hours and got a 97%. It is all coding, so of course one would need an ICD-10-CM code book, just as you need an ICD-9-CM code book to code ICD-9. I recommend reading the guidelines before taking the assessment exam to be sure you understanding the conventions and when to code symptoms, what is the first listed diagnosis, etc. If you truly understand how to code ICD-9-CM and you read and understand the guidelines for ICD-10-CM, you will understand and pass the assessment. ICD-10-CM is NOT the terrifying onus so many people have been trying to scare us with. It is just like coding ICD-9-CM but different. There are only a couple new conventions and more combination codes. This is good, we don't have to worry as much about when to "code first" and "code additional", etc. Take a look at the diabetic retinopathy codes, for example. I love ICD-10-CM~

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast