AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm so frustrated!

Chicopee, MA

AAPC: Back to School
    Yeah I would say go the temp route...After I graduated college in 2000, I took a two day job at a Pain Management Center just doing filing. That two day job turned into months and eventually a year and me learning everything in the office as well as forming relationships with doctors and nurses. Eventually I was hired and became team leader. By then I had Medical Record knowledge, in charge of our Hipaa guidelines, Front desk, scheduling and many other duties. Well A private Anesthesia Billing company took notice and hired me. They paid for me to get my CPC and working here i've gained the billing experience. Overall I've gained almost 9 years of medical administrative experience by just saying yes to a 2 day temp job. So Keep your head hight and don't be too proud to settle for something a little less than your looking for.

Where do you look for temp jobs?

Portland, OR

Default try these

The ones near you are kellyservices.com, aerotek.com, staffing-consultants.com, etc. Check in the phone book or online (search: temp agencies near xyz) for the full list of temp agencies near you. (btw, it doesn't have to be a "medical" temp agency so check all of them) Good luck!
    Last edited by veggiecow; 12-17-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: sorry, I just saw a prior post that had your state...

Try the temporary agencies even just to get some experience thats what I did, got on with a hospital for a few months, then found full time direct hire. It works but takes time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12