Expand

Go Back   AAPC Forum > Employment > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
New

meko77 is on a distinguished road
Default Employment Testing for Coding

I am a certified CPC and I have to take a employment test for a medical coding competency test. Has anyone taken a competency test? Was it multiple choice or just questions and answers? Please give advice!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
True Blue

mbort is on a distinguished road

many employers do require it and the tests are usually created by each individual employer so they vary as to their specific requirements.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Networker

beckiw is on a distinguished road

Most of the ones I've seen are a little of everything. Some True/False, some multiple choice, some actual coding scenarios. One hospital gave a 100 question scantron test plus coding. As the other poster said, every employer creates their own, so who knows what you're going to get.

Becki
Old 08-02-2009, 01:56 AM
New

castelz is on a distinguished road
Post Help i need the cd call cpc exam simulator 2009

Where or how can find the CPC EXAM SIMULATOR 2009, because It has the practice CPC test. HELP HELP. Please e-mail me ant thank you for everything.

castelz@msn.com

Last edited by castelz; 08-02-2009 at 02:03 AM. Reason: add my e-mail
Old 08-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Banned

007CPC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by meko77 View Post
I am a certified CPC and I have to take a employment test for a medical coding competency test. Has anyone taken a competency test? Was it multiple choice or just questions and answers? Please give advice!
Hello meko77,

Pre-employment coding test correlate to the three coding levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced) that distinguish a coding assignments level of difficulty. U can also predict how hard a coding test rendered from an employer based on the pay range.... i.e. if your asking for fifty grand a year expect the employer to expect you to encrypt long info. versus someone asking for a wage of ten to fifteen dollars an hour; then again if u have inside connections this post might not apply to your situation...