Go Back   AAPC Forum > Medical Coding > Cardiovascular Thoracic
Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
caromissunc1 caromissunc1 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 124
caromissunc1 is on a distinguished road
Default Need Peripheral Vascular Help!

The surgeon is going to do a unilateral femoral-femoral bypass. The way it sounds is like doing a little "jump" graft past the blockage.
What is the proper CPT code for this?
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:05 PM
tsmith8 tsmith8 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 18
tsmith8 is on a distinguished road

Have you looked at CPT 35558? And depending on if the doctor harvest'd a graft, and where, can be billed also.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 AM
lisammy lisammy is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 153
lisammy is on a distinguished road

I have actually had these before and dependeing on the distance i have used fem-pop (35556) if it looks like it incorporated most of the femor 35570 because they describe a same vessel graft if is just a small jump graft. Do not use 35558 that is a bilat procedure and would not be appropriate. I hope this helps
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Disclaimer: Although AAPC staff members will monitor these forums periodically, we cannot be responsible for the information posted herein, nor guarantee its accuracy. Our members may discuss various subjects related to medical coding, but none of the information should replace the independent judgment of a physician for any given health issue. Please note that the opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of AAPC.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ?2015, AAPC