Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Coding mistakes can cost your ASC facility thousands of dollars each year in lost reimbursement. These mistakes can also expose your facility to fines (and worse) if your facility is not in compliance with coding/billing regulations. Learning how to code and bill properly for the services your facility provides is the KEY to balancing on this difficult tightrope – by staying safe and being reimbursed fairly.
We will discuss the unique aspects of CPT® and ICD-9 coding for an Ambulatory Surgery Center. Billing for an ASC is different from both hospital and physician office settings. We will address CMS regulations, Third Party Carrier guidance, documentation issues, and modifiers.
You Will Learn:
- How to code and bill in a more compliant manner, without leaving money on the table, given the new procedures Medicare has added
- How to use modifiers for correct ASC billing, which will cut down on billing errors and reduce denials
- The latest information on fraud and abuse issues for ASCs so you know what to watch out for
- How to avoid common ASC coding and billing errors
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps and the following specialties: CASCC, CGIC, CGSC, CPMA, COBGC, COSC, CENTC, CPRC, and CUC.
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $35.10
Already registered? Log in
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Brenda Chidester-Palmer, CPC, CPC-I, CEMC, CASC, CCS-P, has over 18 years of coding and billing experience. Brenda is the principal of Palmer Coding Consultants. She provides auditing and education services to physician offices. She is the former Coding Compliance Manager for a Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, a large multi-specialty group practice in Houston, Texas. She has presented AAPC workshops, held office in her local AAPC chapter, and is a former member of the AAPC National Advisory Board.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 97.42 % of your peers.You rated this event: