Anatomy for ICD-10 Part 2 - Musculoskeletal
The implementation of ICD-10 will bring many challenges and need for increased clinical understanding by coders. In this webinar we will review that impact that ICD-10 will have on coding for musculoskeletal conditions. Diagnosis codes for injuries have expanded greatly and a comprehensive understanding of the anatomy of this system will be necessary to assign the diagnosis code to the highest level of specificity.
You Will Learn:
- The structure of the musculoskeletal system
- Common terminology used for coding fractures
- Necessary components of ICD-10-CM coding that must be found in documentation
- How to code for common diseases and disorders of the musculoskeletal system
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps and the following specialties: COSC
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.10
Already registered? Log in
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Kim brings over 22 years of progressive coding experience in healthcare to her role as Director of ICD-10 Development and Training. She has a vast range of knowledge from working in a variety of professional medical settings, including a large academic medical group in Vermont. Her previous experience has proved her to be successful in leading physicians and students to achieve comprehensive levels of understanding on complex coding and documentation guidelines.
She has done extensive work on identifying Compliance risk areas and providing education to promote awareness and operational improvements throughout an academic medical center with 500+ physicians. Kim specializes in medical chart auditing, practice management and curriculum development used in teaching certified professional coding classes. She has lead more than 100 students to become certified as professional coders through the AAPC. She has presented on various coding topics across the country, including ICD-10 implementation training.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 97.85 % of your peers.You rated this event: