Coding with Modifiers: CPT, Medicare, and the Real World
Assigning the correct CPT code for a certain service rendered isn’t always the end of the story, as important circumstances often exist that can’t be represented by the code alone. Enter MODIFIERS. These two digit codes are often an invaluable addition to your procedural reporting. Without them, the claim could be paid at the incorrect rate, or in many cases not paid at all. But how can modifiers be applied correctly when instruction regarding their use has evolved over the years, and modifier policies by different payers vary? This webinar will provide an answer to those questions and bring your knowledge of key modifiers up-to-date.
You Will Learn:
- When Modifiers 24, 25, and 57 may be used to bill an E/M code within a global surgical package
- Why Modifier 51 actually does NOT tell the payer that “Multiple Surgeries” are involved
- What situation needs to exist BEFORE you use Modifier 59
- The unique situations that call for the 58/78/79 post-surgical modifiers
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Already registered? Log in
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Seth Canterbury is the Manager of Clinical Data Quality Education with the University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians, Inc., the physician practice billing for the professional services of UF providers in Jacksonville, FL.
Seth began his career in healthcare as an Evaluation and Management coding consultant. At the University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians, Inc., Seth has continued to provide ongoing instruction to providers and billing staff on a wide variety of topics that relate not only to professional fee coding but also to billing compliance issues such as teaching physician and non-physician practitioner billing rules.
Seth has also developed many educational tools used by physicians nation-wide and regularly participates in conferences and seminars as a guest speaker, as well as providing ongoing consultant services.
Seth received his Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and Instructor (CPC-I) certifications from the AAPC in 2001 and 2012 (respectively), and has also been certified with the Board of Medical Specialty Coding as an Advanced Coding Specialist-Evaluation and Management Coding Auditor since 2006. He received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from The University of Georgia in 1999.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 98.77 % of your peers.You rated this event: