HCC and Risk Adjustment
It’s important for coders to know HCC guidelines, but FIRST to understand the concept of risk adjustment and why it’s becoming the hottest new healthcare tool. Find out about the risk adjustment model for Medicare HCC, as well as the Medicaid model, and how commercial plans are now creating their own models. These models are changing the way healthcare payments are being viewed and processed. Among the topics discussed in the webinar are stars ratings and how they connect to quality of care initiatives.
You Will Learn:
- The concept of risk adjustment as a healthcare tool
- How these models can affect payment and reimbursement
- How risk adjustment models aim to increase quality of care
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Already registered? Log in
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Brian Boyce, CPC, CPC-I
Mr. Boyce has spent the last five years dedicated to risk adjustment, and specifically the Medicare utilization of the HCC model. He has worked on the National level with a high profile company as Vice President of Clinical and Coding Services that served Medicare Advantage plans in the risk adjustment arena. He has spoken on the National circuit at risk adjustment events to include CMS conferences, and has attended official RADV (Risk Adjustment Data Validation) training at CMS headquarters in Baltimore, MD. Brian is regularly contacted by coders from virtually every big player in the risk adjustment market for his opinions, advice, and expertise.
To contact the webinar department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 96.42 % of your peers.You rated this event: