Primary Care Dermatology Coding
Primary Care Dermatology Coding: This presentation is directed at Family Practice/Internal Medicine practices that choose to do simple skin procedures in the ambulatory setting. Often the primary care provider is the first point of access for common dermatology problems, and skin procedures provide a satisfying respite from the cognitive exercise that comprises a typical day in the life of a primary care provider. In some areas, lead times for appointments to dermatology consultants is considerable and providing these services in the primary care office is a great service to the patient. Providers will review the basics of minor skin procedures, and learn the documentation that will support appropriate coding. Coders will become learn the anatomy of the integumentary system, and review coding associated with common simple skin procedures.
You Will Learn:
- Office setup for common skin procedures
- Anatomy of the integumentary system
- Suture techniques and principles of wound closure
- Coding and documentation for punch biopsies, lesion destruction, shave excision, excision of benign lesions and skin tag removal
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.10
Already registered? Log in
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Dr. Lynn Myers is a Family Physician and was in private practice for twenty years before moving into the role of physician educator for a large multispecialty group in North Central Texas. She is a certified coder, and works to help physicians improve their documentation in order to confidently support the levels of service and diagnoses reported for reimbursement. Dr. Myers is also certified in Healthcare compliance, and is the Physician Champion for implementing and meaningfully using electronic medical record systems for Texas Health Physicians Group.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 98.90 % of your peers.You rated this event: