Teaching E/M Coding to Your Physician: Part 1
Accurate documentation is key to good patient care, but it is also linked to reimbursement and subject to the scrutiny of outside reviews by all carriers. In a time of decreased reimbursement, it is more important than ever to capture all of the medically necessary work for your providers.
In part one, specifically, we will cover the How to's of preparation for teaching your physician E/M Coding - tips, techniques, and strategies.
You Will Learn:
- Strategies for effective communication with your providers. One cannot expect a provider to change a behavior, if the provider does not understand what is being asked of them and why. It is not productive to talk to a provider in a coding language that they do not understand. Participants will learn how to bridge the language barrier between coding and medicine.
- Participants also need to give providers rationales as to why the change is necessary. Obtaining a working relationship, involving mutual respect goes a long way to developing a strong repoire with providers.
- Review some of the most commonly identified areas of insufficient documentation, e.g. ROS and Family Hx.
- Both bad examples of documentation and good examples of documentation.
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPMAs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps, and the following specialties: CANPC, CCC, CCVTC, CCPC, CPCD, CEDC, CEMC, CFPC, CGIC, CGSC, CHONC, CIMC, COBGC, COSC, CENTC, CPEDC, CPRC, CRHC, CUC
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Already registered? Log in
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Kerin Draak, MS, WHNP-BC, CPC, CEMC, COBGC has been involved in the health care field for over 26 years. She serves as the System Director of Clinical & Financial Integration at Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) which consists of 15 hospitals across WI and IL and multispecialty clinics. She has oversight of the Case Management, Coding, HIM and CDI programs. She was the system director for ICD-10 implementation. She is past member of the AAPC National Advisory Board (NAB) from 2009-2011 and an NAB officer, serving from 2011-2013. She has been a national speaker and has authored several coding articles.
To contact the webinar department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 97.26 % of your peers.You rated this event: