Current Trends in Arthroscopic Surgery
February 01, 2017 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Arthroscopy is one of the most common surgeries in Orthopaedic Surgery. Because of the amount of reimbursement paid out on related CPT® codes, insurance carriers and Medicare are reviewing these codes frequently, causing changes to policies and other coding rules. This webinar will review the most current CPT® codes related to arthroscopic surgery for the hip, knee, and shoulder, and the latest updates to the Medicare National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) policy manual and commercial insurance carriers.
Why is this topic important?
The coding rules and guidelines continue to change for these services because they are high volume surgeries for all insurance companies. It is important that practices are aware of the current NCCI edits and Policy Manual guidelines from Medicare to understand the current coding guidelines.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Practically anyone that is involved in coding and billing for orthopaedic surgery. Physicians, PA's, surgery schedulers, billers, coders, auditors.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
Attendees will have an understanding of what services can be reported in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, knee, and hip, not only to maximize reimbursement, but to know and identify true denials.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
The take away from this webinar will be what documentation is important for these procedures, as well as how to appeal for procedures when denied inappropriately.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.39 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 2 CEUs
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 2 CEUs per webinar (80+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 80 on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person