Special Presentation and Coding Tool: Crash Course in Medical Necessity for E/M Coders
---------- SPECIAL PRESENTATION
(not part of the webinar subscription) ---------- Available on-demand only starting September 21st ---------- Worth 3 CEUs!
Register for $49
Save by Subscribing
Broadcast On: 9/21/2016
Time: 7:00am PT / 8:00am MT / 9:00am CT / 10:00am ET
Learn more about this event
Have you ever wondered if a level 4 or 5 office visit was really medically necessary—or if a service was actually more appropriately a level 3 versus a 2?
Between EHR templates, Value Based medicine, and PQRS documentation requirements, medical records have swollen in size. They often support a level of service based on the 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines, but leave no method for a coder to determine what was medically necessary. Only providers are qualified to make Medical Necessity determinations --- how can a coder be sure that they are selecting the correct code?
This special presentation provides you with 3 simple solutions to ensure you’ve got the right level of service!
This presentation highlights frequent (but problematic) methods used in code selection, which are adding to the problem. This presentation also provides you with alternate solutions that really work.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 90.86 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 2 CEUs
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 2 CEUs per webinar (80+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 80 on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
Already registered? Log in
Need to purchase for 20 or more? 844-825-1679
*prices are for members, non-members add $50 per person