How to Communicate E/M Auditing to your Physician in 1 Hour
April 25, 2018 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
E/M coding is a skill rarely taught in medical school, which leads to confusion and frustration for physicians. In this webinar, we will discuss how to use clinical scenarios rather than “code-speak” to engage physicians and nonphysician practitioners in helpful discussions about the complexity of the services they render. You will learn how to use EHR tools and concepts to improve documentation and efficiency, thus providing more time for patient care. Finally, we will discuss communication principles that will allow you to break through the barriers between coders and physicians.
Why is this topic important?
E/M coding is complex and often counterintuitive for physicians focused on patient care.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Anyone working with physicians and nonphysician practitioners, including but not limited to coders, billers, practice managers.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
Provide a greater understanding of how to engage physicians in discussions about coding.
Why are you the expert on this topic?
Deann Tate, CPC, CPMA, CCC, CEMC, has 18 years of coding experience, with 13 years as a physician coding educator and auditor.
- Steps for a smooth Audit Result meeting
- Use clinical scenarios instead of “code-speak”
- Use EHR tools and concepts to improve documentation & efficiency
- Utilize common communication principles to break through barriers between coders & physicians
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.33 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 2 CEUs
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 2 CEUs per webinar (80+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 80 on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person