Education Provider to Schools
The growth in the healthcare job market is in the outpatient side. Lower costs drive this growth. AAPC's credentials are the recognized leader in outpatient coding. AAPC has created curriculum that prepares students to both work in the outpatient medical coding field and to become a credentialed coder. Through AAPC’s Education Provider program, your school can offer these courses to your students, and AAPC will provide the curriculum and online instruction. All courses are flexible and customizable, fitting your institution's needs to respond to local demand.
- Anatomy for Medical Billing and Coding: Anatomy for Medical Billing and Coding introduces the student to the human body in language used by medical coding, billing, and reimbursement professionals. The course will give the student an understanding of how the human body operates on a daily basis, and would be valuable for anyone preparing for a career in any non-clinical medical profession.
- Medical Terminology for Medical Billing and Coding: Medical Terminology introduces the student to the medical terminology used in the medical coding and reimbursement profession and covers medical terminology and anatomy from a coder’s perspective. This course would be valuable for anyone preparing for a career in any non-clinical medical profession.
- Medical Billing and Reimbursement: Medical Billing and Reimbursement introduces the student to the health insurance and reimbursement industry. In this course the student will become familiar with common medical billing practices, the health insurance industry, legal and regulatory issues and differences in reimbursement methodologies. The student will learn principles of medical billing related to proper claim form preparation, submission and payment processing. This course is recommended for anyone who is preparing for a career in a medical billing department at a physician's office, clinic or similar positions.
- Physician-Based Medical Coding for CPC® Preparation: This course teaches fundamental coding skills for an outpatient physician setting and prepares the student to take the AAPC CPC® exam for a career in medical coding. This course provides the most up-to-date information relating to CPT®, ICD-9-CM Volumes 1 & 2, and HCPCS Level II coding and assures a broad encompassing knowledge and expertise in reviewing and assigning the correct procedure and diagnosis codes for physician services.
- Certified Outpatient Coding for COC™ (formerly CPC-H®) Preparation: This course will cover coding fundamentals including CPT®, ICD-9-CM Volumes 1, 2, and 3, and HCPCS Level II coding along with the Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) which is the payment method used by most payers in the hospital outpatient facility. This course will not cover inpatient coding or coding in the freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center.
For more information on how your educational institution can offer AAPC online courses to your students, contact Education Sales at 800-626-2633 ext 170 or email@example.com