Master the Ins and Outs of Accurate Modifier Coding
Are you grappling with assigning the correct modifiers to CPT® and HCPCS codes to optimize payer reimbursement? Are you sure you’re using modifiers the right way so you don’t lose money? Do you want the inside scoop on when to assign certain modifiers?
Take back control with Modifiers Explained, the comprehensive book on assigning CPT® modifiers. The Coding Institute’s expert coders boil down confusing modifiers and coding guidelines into concepts that are easy to understand and apply. As an added bonus, you’ll master assigning the most challenging modifiers using real-life coding scenarios. It’s a step-by-step approach that you won’t find in any other books on modifiers.
Modifiers Explained also includes lists of all CPT® and HCPCS modifiers with clear explanations, coding tips for billing modifiers correctly, glossary of common terms, index for easy reference, and color-coded dictionary-style headers and bleed tabs for easy navigation.
Take a sneak peek at more expert guidance you’ll master with Modifiers Explained:
- When to use E/M modifiers 24, 25, and 27
- The difference between modifiers 51 and 59—and when to look to an X modifier in place of 59
- How to reduce denials with correct use of modifier 50
- Which special circumstances justify modifier 22
- Addressing surgical complications with modifiers 78 and 79
- Lab modifiers that capture same-day test payment
- Surgical modifiers, and when to assign surgical assistant modifiers—80, 81, 82
- The ins and outs of the global surgical period
- Updating your chargemaster modifiers
- Billing rules for using modifiers
- Articles for coding modifiers from our expert coding educators
- Lists of modifiers for CPT® and HCPCS, lay term descriptions, and tips and tricks for assigning
- And much more!