E/M 2021 Guideline Updates Course
through Apr 30th
E/M, commonly referred to as E&M, is one of the most challenging areas for coders. Effective January 1, 2021 new E/M guidelines go into effect for office and other outpatient procedures. This is the most significant change to E/M coding since 1997. Coders need to be proficient in the 1995 and 1997 CMS Documentation Guidelines for all other services (e.g., emergency department, inpatient hospital) as well as the new 2021 E/M guidelines for 99202-99215.
This is an advanced E/M training course, intended for coders who already understand the 1995 and 1997 CMS Documentation Guidelines. The course will prepare you for the changes going into effect in 2021. We will review the new definitions, MDM table and new concepts for coding E/M based on time. You will code 20 multispecialty cases using the new guidelines to gain understanding and application of the new guidelines.
This 2021 evaluation and management training will:
- Break down the new 2021 coding guidelines for office/outpatient services
- Review the new MDM (Medical Decision Making) table that will be printed in the 2021 CPT® code book
- Code specialty-specific documentation for E/M in multiple specialties including Family Practice/Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, OB/Gyn, Cardiovascular, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Hematology and Oncology, and Orthopedics.
This E/M online training includes:
- 8 hours of training, including online lectures and coding progress notes using the new guidelines
- Six interactive lectures to walk you through the new 2021 guidelines and review coding cases
- Approval for 8 CEUs upon successful completion (one-time use only, excluding CPCO, CIRCC, CASCC, & CPPM)
- Access available for one (1) year from purchase date
- Computer: High-speed Internet connection with Adobe Flash Player & Adobe Acrobat Reader
Enroll in the 2021 E/M Guideline Updates Course
By purchasing any online course and other items, I certify that I have read and agree to the Refund Policy