Wiki "corresponds to"

lhoot

Best answers
Would the term "corresponds to" in relation to a diagnosis be considered a term of uncertainty? For example, "corresponds to a cva". Is CVA a definitive and codable condition in this context? I understand that "Consistent with" and "compatible with" are uncertain. However, "evidence of" is considered definitive. I'm not quite sure where "corresponds to" lies.

Thank you,
Laura

I would interpret this wording to be the equivalent of saying 'consistent with'. But as always, in situations where the record is not clear and you're not sure what is meant, then you should query the provider for clarification.

I would interpret this wording to be the equivalent of saying 'consistent with'. But as always, in situations where the record is not clear and you're not sure what is meant, then you should query the provider for clarification.
Thank you so much. I was leaning in this direction, as well, but couldn't be certain.

I would certainly consider 'corresponds to' as a term of uncertainty. If the patient had suffered a CVA and the provider was confident in that diagnosis, why would they say 'corresponds to'? It might be a simplistic approach, but to me it implies they are not absolutely certain.

The problem with assigning the CVA code in the record is that it is there for life which causes its own problems if not true. If the diagnosis is later confirmed then there is no problem with it being in the patient record.

I would certainly consider 'corresponds to' as a term of uncertainty. If the patient had suffered a CVA and the provider was confident in that diagnosis, why would they say 'corresponds to'? It might be a simplistic approach, but to me it implies they are not absolutely certain.

The problem with assigning the CVA code in the record is that it is there for life which causes its own problems if not true. If the diagnosis is later confirmed then there is no problem with it being in the patient record.
Thank you for the added validation. :)