Wiki Question on documentation for home visits 2023

jlynnn23

New
Best answers
For home visits (99341-99345) and (99347-99350), Does documentation need to include time spent with patient if medical decision making is being used? I know that either time or MDM can be used with the new guidelines for 2023? Thanks!

With home visits, when a provider is billing Cpt 99348 for the F2F, the POS is 12, however they then before that F2F perform 60 mins of extensive record review non F2F in their office, would Cpt 99358 have a different POS? I have read the prolong visit guideline but could not find or may have missed the guidance on assigning the POS for prolong service codes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

With home visits, when a provider is billing Cpt 99348 for the F2F, the POS is 12, however they then before that F2F perform 60 mins of extensive record review non F2F in their office, would Cpt 99358 have a different POS? I have read the prolong visit guideline but could not find or may have missed the guidance on assigning the POS for prolong service codes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Is the non F2F work on the same date as the visit?