Wiki baclofen test injection CPT

D.R.

Networker
Best answers
I would appreciate anyone's help. My provider has submitted 62323 for baclofen test injection w/ dx R25.2 (cramp & spasm) . I am filling in for this dept and I am unfamiliar with this px. We have recv'd a denial from Medicare stating dx does not support medical necessity. What CPT code is correct for this px? Thank you!!

Description of Procedure:
Diagnosis: spasticity
Procedure: baclofen test injection
Prior to procedure, the time out procedure was followed. With the patient in the prone position, AP localizing views of the lumbar spine were obtained, and the patient was prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. After infiltration with 10 cc of lidocaine, a spinal gauge needle was advanced in, AP and lateral views into the intralaminar space of L5S1. CSF was observed in in the needle and could be aspirated. A small amount of omnipaque instilled under live fluoro showed good placement in the intrathecal space. Then 50 mcg of IT gablofen was instilled, followed by 2cc of PF normal saline. The needle was removed and band aids applied. The patient tolerated the procedure well.