2013 ICD-9 Book
Diagnostic code set for physician offices and outpatient facilities
Member: $54.95 (savings of $45.00)
• AMA CPT®
• HCPCS Level II
• ICD-9-CM Vol 1-2
Member: $169.95 (savings of $120.00)
ICD-9-CM Vol 1-2
Note: This book can be used for AAPC certification exams.
Our expert edition 2013 ICD-9-CM for physicians offers a comprehensive and user-friendly
approach to coding at a fraction of the price of other 2013 ICD-9 books.
The new design provides easy access to pertinent coding and reimbursement information
with informative symbols and color coding. Coders at every level will benefit from
features that are customized to meet your needs.
Look inside this book: view sample pages.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Highlighted coding instructional and informational notes. Recognize
important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- Intuitive color-coded symbols and alerts. Identify critical
coding and reimbursement issues quickly with alerts on the same page as the code you
- Instructional and informational note alerts. Find coding notes
clearly designated for enhanced emphasis and coding accuracy.
- Additional digit required symbols. Know when an additional
fourth or fifth digit is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid
code submissions (provided in Index and Tabular Section).
- V-code symbols. Understand the appropriate use of V-codes that may
only be sequenced as first-listed diagnosis for cleaner claim submissions.
- Manifestation code alert. Properly use codes that represent manifestations
of underlying disease by knowing when two codes are required and alerts to sequencing
- “Unspecified” and ”Other Specified” code alerts. Recognize
the codes that should be used with caution to reduce denied claims.
- Age and sex edits. Be aware of which codes have restrictions on use
based on age or sex of the patient to prevent claim delays and denials.
- Hallmark page design and features. Locate information quickly
with a user-friendly page design, including dictionary-style headers, Quickflip™
color bleed tabs, and legend keys.
- HIPAA compliance. Avoid delayed or denied claims and costly fines
- ICD-10 Spotlight. Preview ICD-10 codes with the most frequently reported
ICD-9-CM codes to learn as you work.
- AHA’s Coding Clinic and official coding guideline tips. Use
citations to link to the official coding advice every coder in every health care setting
must follow for ICD-9-CM and find official coding tips with the codes.
- Illustrations and definitions. Gain in-depth understanding of anatomy
and disease processes in relation to coding with clinically-oriented definitions and
- Spiral binding - lays flat for easy-to-use coding