• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

History of rheumatic fever/ current mitral regurgitation

Messages
1
Location
Fargo, ND
Ok, I swear I read somewhere that if someone had rheumatic fever at any point in their life you automatically code heart valve issues as rheumatic unless specifically stated as unrelated or non-rheumatic but I just got dinged on an audit for an EM visit because I put I05.1 instead of I34.0. So my question is does anyone have any resources that say if they ever had rheumatic fever in their life you assume a causal relationship with valve disorders? I have been googling forever and I can't find anything that states that. HELP!

The Impression had these listed in the diagnoses-
Moderate MR
History of rheumatic fever
 
Top