Wiki Subcontracting with an FQHC

Best answers
Does anyone have experience with this? My provider has been offered a sub-contract to provide services for an FQHC. I can find that this is allowable, but can't tell if my provider has to be cerified as a FQHC provider. Appreciate any info and/or advice. Thanks !

I would double check with the clinic to see what they require. Federally Qualified Health Clinics are set up to receive pay from the US government to provide care to underserved populations, as you probably know. If the clinic your provider is sub-contracting requires it, they will advise what credentialing they want from the provider. They also probably require a contract be signed to accept their sliding-scale payments from patients.

Thank you! I have been able to get that general information, but was hoping to find a doc who had actually subcontracted with an FQHC to get the real skinny on it. We're being told we don't have to do anything but see the patients. They'll bill & then pay us a portion of what they get.....

Thank you! I have been able to get that general information, but was hoping to find a doc who had actually subcontracted with an FQHC to get the real skinny on it. We're being told we don't have to do anything but see the patients. They'll bill & then pay us a portion of what they get.....
That sounds about right. I've only shadowed at a FQHC clinic in the billing and coding dept. but the way doctors are contracted probably works a lot like other places like Accountable Care Organizations which is where I work now. Congratulations to your provider for contracting with the FQHC, it's going to be really meaningful work, I'm sure.

That sounds about right. I've only shadowed at a FQHC clinic in the billing and coding dept. but the way doctors are contracted probably works a lot like other places like Accountable Care Organizations which is where I work now. Congratulations to your provider for contracting with the FQHC, it's going to be really meaningful work, I'm sure.
Thank you !