Wiki Suggestion of diagnoses

baroquecoder

Networker
Best answers
Hello, is it appropriate for a company to suggest a diagnosis be assessed at a future visit if it already exists on the problem list? The diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension is on the problems list but doesn't appear in any of the assessments. Is it appropriate for a company to suggest to the provider that they assess the condition at their next visit or shortly thereafter?

I don't think there's anything wrong with this, as long as it's ultimately up to the provider to determine whether and how it is assessed if they so decide to. I've seen a lot of software programs that do this, sort of like making a reminder that the patient is due for a particular test or treatment. I think it would only be a questionable practice if it was done in a way that put some kind of pressure on or gave a financial incentive to the provider to do something or order services that they perhaps didn't feel were medically necessary.

I agree with Thomas. We see this frequently in our family medicine and internal medicine practices. It acts as a reminder for the provider to assess a patient's chronic condition to help close any HCC gaps in care. This ultimately helps with our HCC reporting.