Reducing Hospitalizations and Emergent Care to Increase Outcomes
August 25, 2021 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Reducing readmissions needs to be a high priority for every home health agency. This involves keeping the patient in the home and or community during the home health episode and after discharge. Effective discharge planning is a key component in achieving this goal. Join us as we discuss the steps involved in effective discharge planning, how to identify patients at high- risk for readmission and to learn strategies to prevent unplanned hospital care.
Why is this topic important?
Reducing readmissions is an integral part of the CMS Home Health Quality Initiative
Who would benefit from this topic?
Administrators, QAPI Coordinators, Clinical Managers, Clinical staff
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
-Understand the CoP requirements for Coordination of Care
-Describe steps involved in effective discharge Planning
-Learn how to identify patients at high-risk for ER or hospitalization
What is the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
Sharon has been in the home care and hospice industry for over 25 years. She was an ACHC and CHAP surveyor, performing Medicare deemed surveys for ten years and is currently an ACHC and CHAP Certified Consultant. She is a regular speaker to education companies, state and national associations, and published author in industry-related publications.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 96.41 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person