Broadcast: May 10, 2018 at 8:30AM
On Demand Availability: May 10, 2018
Presenter: Jaci J. Kipreos, COC, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC
Dates: On -demand
Locations: Virtual (online)
Presentation Length: 4 Hours
Author: Jaci Kipreos, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, COC, CPC-I
Evaluation and Management (E/M) fraud, abuse, and waste happens more than most practices realize. This workshop will help you understand why E/M is a target, as well as what triggers E/M audits. You'll also learn to identify and avoid high risk areas in E/M coding documentation and billing guidelines, and how they can protect you.
The coding rule of thumb used to be "if it's not documented, it didn't happen," but now with Electronic Health Records, it has become "it's documented, but did it really happen?" Our E/M Auditing workshop will explain these and other EHR concerns.
We will go back to the basics, discussing pitfalls to avoid and E/M tips in general.
- Learn New what triggers E/M audits
- Identify where to find E/M guidelines CPT® codes
- Understand how E/M guidelines help you
- Learn the importance of documentation
- Review the use of modifiers
- See where you can find documentation requirements for E/M
- Understand the concerns associated with Electronic Health Records and documentation
||$149.95 (Non Members: $189.95)
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.