Neurology is a medical specialty dealing with disorders of the nervous system. To be specific, it deals with the diagnosis and treatment of all categories of disease involving the central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous systems, including their coverings, blood vessels, and all effector tissue, such as muscle.
Neurological disorders affect the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord), the peripheral nervous system, or the autonomic nervous system. Examples of symptoms include paralysis, muscle weakness, poor coordination, loss of sensation, seizures, confusion, pain and altered levels of consciousness.
You Will Learn:
- Central and Peripheral Nervous System Conditions and Diseases
- Appropriate reporting of Cognitive Testing and EEGs
- Anatomy requirements for correct coding of EMGs and Nerve Conduction Studies
- Parameter definitions for correct coding of Neurostimulators
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps, and CPMAs.
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Cynthia Stewart is the current NAB President and has been a member of AAPC since 1998 and a longtime advocate. She was the 2006 president of the Central Indiana chapter prior to serving as an AAPC NAB member in 2007. She has more than 25 years of experience in the medical profession. In the past 15 years, she has applied her knowledge and skills in several capacities including billing supervisor, practice manager, senior coding specialist, coding and reimbursement consultant, and director of medical billing, coding specialist, and health care management programs. Stewart also is an AAPC workshop presenter and provides instruction as a reviewer, contributing author, and research assistant for various coding and billing text.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 93.51 % of your peers.You rated this event: